This year again the project Non Solo Lago (Not Just Lake) invites you to discover the Lake Como and its territory, the Valle Albano Park, with proposals of cultural, environmental and gastronomic itineraries, suitable for everyone.
The program is full and varied. It starts with five suggested routes that combine the exploration of historical and artistic aspects with the knowledge of local farms and their products. From June, the tourist offer adds simple guided excursions to discover the most remote and fascinating corners of the Valle Albano. The proposals are suitable to everyone, in order to allow both residents and tourists to discover the beauty and quality of the territory.
The initiative is realized within the project Non Solo Lago (Not Just Lake). Resilience strategies for the care and tourism and environment enhancement of the mountain territory of Alto Lario, funded by Fondazione Cariplo and promoted by Istituto Oikos and the town of Gravedona ed Uniti, with the aim of enhancing the mountainous area of the municipality Gravedona ed Uniti (located North of Lake Como), in particular the the Valle Albano park and its neighboring areas.
The project has helped to reduce costs per participant per output, to give the opportunity to a larger number of people to take part in the initiatives.
gastronomic and cultural itineraries, created in collaboration with Cooperativa Imago (10€ per person, free for children until 12 years old):
- Saturday, April 16 – Gravedona: the sacred area that boast the Church of Santa Maria del Tiglio and the Gramatica Beekeeping lab
- Saturday, May 7 – Dosso del Liro and the “La Fonte di Mariella” farmhouse
- Saturday, June 18 – Walk from Dongo to Robba beekeeping workshop
- Saturday, July 23 –> Postponed the 27th of August Garzeno and “La Camosciata” company
- Saturday, August 6 – Walk from Stazzona to Brenzio with a visit to La Sorgente
Guided tours organised in collaboration with the guides of Hiking Como Lake:
- Thursday, June 2 – Discovering the Valle Albano, the San Jorio Pass
- Sunday, July 10 – The Sommafiume Shelter: to the valley springs.
- Sunday, August 7 (San Jorio Celebration) – Discovering the Valle Albano, the San Jorio Pass
- Saturday, September 3 – Discovering the Valle Albano, the San Jorio Pass
- Sunday, October 9 – The Sommafiume Shelter: to the valley springs.